Hi there, I'm Joanna and I am behind the leather brand Parkin & Lewis. I create luxury leather gifts all made by hand in a small studio in South London.
Here are a few facts about me.
• I’m Joanna Lewis, previously Parkin (hence the business name)
• I liked the idea of keeping the name ‘Parkin’ as my business name as my sister and I are the last two remaining Parkin's.
• I have a degree in Multimedia Textiles, where I discovered my love of leather and fabrics. I loved working with fabrics the didn't fray.
• I used to work in a silk shop in Soho where I had a Wednesday off...
• Not many of my friends were around on a Wednesday, so I decided to make the most of the spare time and started using the silk from the shop and leather (impulse purchases) to make make-up bags.
• In 2010 I got discovered by @notonthehighstreet at a little stall I was holding in Angel.
• After joining Notonthehighstreet the orders starting coming in thick and fast, so I had to quit my day job to work on the business full-time.
• My business name was Joanna Parkin, but once I got married I wanted to incorporate my new name too.
• I ditched the ‘Joanna’ as I wanted to appeal to both men and women.
• I have a lunatic toddler and a baby.... its very challenging to juggle the two of them with work so please bear with me :)
• I miss working full time but at the same time I love the flexibility of working and looking after my two monkeys.
• I hate having my photo taken so found this ‘shoot’ excruciating!
I make cufflinks to order so if there is a particular combination you can't see on the site please get in touch. If you have a piece of fabric that you would like to match to a kilt/bridesmaids dress, grooms tie or anything please get in touch.
email me firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help with anything.
Retro Leather Cufflinks:
"I bought these cufflinks as an anniversary gift for my husband and he loved them. Beautifully crafted and presented in a lovely box, these cufflinks will be treasured forever."
Leather IPhone Case:
"Fantastic quality, my husband loved it!"
"First class product just right for holding a new mobile phone."
"High quality craftmanship"
Union Jack Cufflinks:
"Absolutely what every gent around town (and elsewhere) should be wearing this year - will be recommending you to my friends"
"They are unusual and my husband loved them. It was for our third wedding anniversary which is leather."